Upload firmware to your BitBox using the Options menu item Upgrade Firmware, available in the desktop app.
If you have problems after upgrading the firmware, check that you are also using the latest desktop app.
Downloads contain a deterministic build of the firmware and a set of ECDSA signatures of the build.
The signatures are checked inside the BitBox bootloader at every plug in.
Invalid or modified firmware cannot run.
Source code is available on GitHub.
If you wish, you can verify that the BitBox is running the same code by building the firmware on your own and uploading it.
- Updated hidden wallet process: newly created hidden wallets can be recovered from the backup.
- Provides API for U2F back up and recovery. Note that recovery is not yet implemented in the desktop app, but new backups will contain a backup of the U2F master key.
- Grant access to `` for the integration of USB interface.
- Grants access to mycrypto.com for the integration of Ethereum cryptocurrencies (ETH and ETC), including ERC20 tokens. Other sites, such as fake or phishing sites, are not able to access the BitBox.
- Miscellaneous security and bug fixes.
Grants access to www.myetherwallet.com for the integration of Ethereum cryptocurrencies (ETH and ETC), including ERC20 tokens. Other sites, such as fake or phishing sites, are not able to access the BitBox.